Past members of the lab with information on what they did after leaving the lab.
High School Students
- Ryan Maples. Graduated HS.
- Roger Chen. Graduated HS. Undergraduate at Stanford University.
- Ray Zhou. Graduated HS. Undergraduate at Stanford University.
- Kevin Yang. Graduated HS. Undergraduate at University of Chicago.
Undergraduates, Lab Technicians and Interns
- Kevin Penn. After lab worked as a technician at TIGR and then went to PhD program at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Holly Huse. After lab went to PhD program at U. Texas Austin.
- Carolina Bistue. After lab went to Masters program at UC Davis in Viticulture and Enology.
- Sarah Post. Went to medical school at U. Pennsylvania
- Clare Xu. Associate Data Analyst Intern at Percepta Associates.
- Ryan Corces-Zimmerman. Went to PhD program at Stanford University.
- Zachary Bendiks – graduated
- Dakota Bevans - graduated
- Amanda Diep - graduated
- Jessica Doctor - graduated
- Jonathon Lo - graduated
Akshay Sethi - Undergraduate at UC Davis
Andrew Shaver – Undergraduate at UC Davis
Lakshmi Bharadwaj – Undergraduate at UC Davis
- Wan Nurul Naszeerah. Currently a Master’s student at Yale School of Public Health.
- Eric Lowe – Currently a Customer Service Representative at 23 and me.
- Caitlin Haltiner. Masters in 2012. After lab went to medical school at USUHS.
- Sean Geer. Masters in 2008. After lab joined PhD program in Sociology at UC Davis
- Amber Hartman. PhD in 2009. Went from lab to CCST Fellowship and then worked at White House OSTP in PCAST.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. PhD in 2011. Post doc in lab 2011-current.
Post docs and other post-PHD folks, with positions after they left the lab
- James Sakwa. Left lab for job in the South Africa Genome Center.
- Chris Desjardins. Staff Scientist, the Broad Institute.
- Jonathan Badger. Assistant Professor at the J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Martin Wu. Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia.
- Sourav Chatterji, Software Engineer, Facebook
- Morgan Langille. Assistant Professor at Dalhausie University
- Thomas Sharpton. Assistant Professor at Oregon State (was mostly a post doc in Katie Pollard’s lab at UCSF but was semi-jointly supervised by me).
- Aaron Darling. Currently an Associate Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney.
Bioinformatics staff and software engineers
- Marcel Huntemann – now a software engineer at the DOE-JGI
- Andrew Tritt – now a software engineer at the DOE-JGI