The supposed lab head
Scientific Staff (Project Scientists, Post Docs, Research Associates, etc)
- Dongying Wu
- Jenna Morgan Lang
- Guillaume Jospin
- David Coil
- John Zhang
- Sarah Hird
- Alana Firl
- Holly Ganz
- Hannah Holland-Moritz
- Russell Neches
- Marisano James
- Srijak Bhatnagar
- Ladan Doroud
- Christopher Beitel
- Cassie Ettinger
- Katherine Dahlhausen
- Sonia Ghose
- Laura Vann
- Alexandra Alexiev
- Makayla Betts
- Ruth Lee
- Briana Pompa-Hogan
Affiliates (people who do some work in the lab)
- Megan Krusor, PhD student in Dawn Sumner’s lab at UC Davis
- Kate Wall, PhD student in Dawn Sumner’s lab at UC Davis
Past members of the lab with information on what they did after leaving the lab.
High School Students
- Ray Zhou. Summer 2009. Graduated HS. Afterwards went to Stanford University.
- Rohit Misra. Summer 2010.
- Ryan Maples. Summer 2010 participant in the UC Davis Young Scholars Program.
- Roger Chen. Summer 2010. Afterwards went to Stanford University.
- Kevin Yang. 2012-2013. Folsom High School. Afterwards went to the University of Chicago.
- Henna Hundal. 2014. Currently applying to colleges.
Undergraduates, Lab Technicians and Interns
- Kevin Penn (2003-2005). Worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Holly Huse (2005-2007). Summer Intern while in college and worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at U. Texas Austin.
- Sarah Post. Afterwards went to medical school at U. Pennsylvania
- Ryan Corces-Zimmerman. Afterwards went to PhD program at Stanford University.
- Carolina Bistue. Afterwards went to Masters program at UC Davis in Viticulture and Enology.
- Clare Xu. Afterwards became an associate Data Analyst Intern at Percepta Associates.
- Zachary Bendiks (2011-2013) Now in Microbiology Graduate Program at UC Davis
- Dakota Bevans (2011-2012) Now a Staff Researcher at CA National Primate Research Center
- Amanda Diep (2011-2013) Now a Medical scribe at CEP American
- Jessica Doctor (2011-2012)
- Jonathon Lo (2011-2013)
Akshay Sethi (2012-2013)
Andrew Shaver (2012-2013) Now working at NuGEN technologies
Lakshmi Bharadwaj (2013) Now a Master’s student at CalPoly in Stem Cell Bio
- Wan Nurul Naszeerah (2013). Afterwards became a Master’s student at Yale School of Public Health.
- Eric Lowe – (2012-2013). Afterwards became a Customer Service Representative at 23 and me.
- Hoon San Ong (2013-2014). Working at Genentech
- Sabreen Aulakh (2012-2014). Working at UC Davis Medical Center
- Jennifer Flanagan (2012-2014). Now a research technician at UCSF
- Madison Dunitz (2012-2014). Preparing for Foreign Service
- Andrew Stump (2013-2014). Working at Genentech
- Muntaha Samad (2014).
- Camilla Dayrit (2014-2015).
- Caitlin Haltiner. Masters in 2012. Afterwards went to medical school at USUHS.
- Sean Geer. Masters in 2008. Afterwards joined PhD program in Sociology at UC Davis
- Amber Hartman. PhD in 2009. Afterwards did CCST Fellowship and then worked at White House OSTP in PCAST.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. PhD in 2012. Post doc in lab 2012-current.
- Elizabeth Wilbanks. PhD in 2014. Post doc in lab of Vicky Orphan.
Post docs and other post-PHD folks, with positions after they left the lab
- James Sakwa. Afterwards went to work at the South Africa Genome Center.
- Chris Desjardins. Afterwards became Staff Scientist, the Broad Institute.
- Jonathan Badger. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Martin Wu. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia.
- Sourav Chatterji. Afterwards became Software Engineer, Facebook
- Morgan Langille. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Dalhausie University
- Thomas Sharpton. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Oregon State (was mostly a post doc in Katie Pollard’s lab at UCSF but was semi-jointly supervised by me).
- Aaron Darling. Afterwards became Associate Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney
- Holly Bik. Afterwards become Birmingham Fellow / Faculty at the University of Birmingham, UK.
Bioinformatics staff and software engineers
- Marcel Huntemann (2006-2007). Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.
- Andrew Tritt. Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.